Business Development Manager
Job Title: Corilla Marine Sales & Business Development Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director
Contract Type: Permanent Position
Salary: Depends on experience and qualifications
Corilla Marine is a division of the Corilla Group (“Corilla”) a £3.5m turnover business based in South Wales.
- To grow the sales of the Corilla Marine Division;
- Identify areas for growth (country, region or sector) and actively develop brand and product awareness in those areas;
- Identify potential UK & export distributors in line with strategy;
- Manage enquiries and negotiate with the distribution network and be able to train and advise the sales team employed by the distributors;
- Develop a strategy for maximizing revenue and profit from the defined markets / sectors;
- To implement and manage the strategy including establishing relationships, positioning Corilla marine for receiving enquiries, and negotiating a profitable contract;
- Advise customers on the appropriate product for their requirement and provide accurate costings with the assistance of the Corilla Marine Project Engineer;
- Assist with the design and improvements to the existing product range
The main responsibilities of your role will include:
- Managing the sales pipeline including using a CRM system to keep track of enquiries, customers and prospects;
- Over achieve on the budget;
- Identifying markets / sector to move in to and building contacts and identifying the best distributor in that market;
- Identify opportunities, prepare and submit tender documents;
- Become an expert on our product range, its features and benefits and technical specification.
- Become an advisor / consultant to our distribution network and on other third party enquiries;
- Represent Corilla at IAlA committee meetings
- Monitoring competitor activity;
- Reviewing the pricing schedules of off the shelf products and pulling together prices for bespoke enquiries;
- Creating PowerPoint Presentations for various pitches; and
- Reporting monthly to the senior management team.
Hours of work and environment
Your working day will typically be 8.30am – 5.00pm with an hour for lunch. However, there is an expectation that employees will stay on or start early for as long as it takes to meet deadlines.
The majority of your working week will involve meeting with customers, distributors and prospects and international travel is a requirement of the role.
Essential skills and competencies expected
- Years of export experience;
- Experience in the Marine sector is essential;
- Above all you need to be an organised and meticulous project manager with a keen eye for detail;
- Strong sales background with the ability to close a sale and identify opportunities to
- Excellent communicator, face to face and remotely. Good “people skills”
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy;
- Owns deadlines and takes responsibility;
- A willingness to go above and beyond;
- Professional manner;
- A good working knowledge of Excel, Word & PowerPoint;
- Enthusiastic, diligent, proactive approach; and
- Can work alone and as part of a team
Who should apply?
If you want to work with a company where you can really make a difference please send your CV to email@example.com
It is Corilla’s policy to promote and integrate equality of opportunity into all aspects of its business including appointments.